God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Waste Mangagement

Not more than a few weeks ago I was sitting at a stoplight on one of the local streets.  While waiting for the light to turn green, I looked over at the vehicle beside me.  It was a  Penn Waste garbage truck.


Almost instantly my mind began to consider the volume of trash that these vehicles cart away from our home on a regular basis.  I have often anticipated the truck's arrival, especially when some extremely foul-smelling waste is stinking up our garage where the trash is kept.  What a joy it is to have the offensive collection hauled off to a place where I can forget about it!

While musing this over, something about the truck caught my eye.  The tires.  Though massive in size, they were noticeably flattened no doubt due to the weight of what had been loaded above.

What a picture of Jesus! He deflated Himself and took on the weight of everything stinky about me.  As if that weren't enough, He regularly hauls away my waste so that I can forget about it and move on.

2 comments:

  1. This calls to mind that beautiful cry for help 'Jesus take the wheel' - Jesus can be the wheels, carrying the burdens of us all! He's certainly helped carry away a lot of my personal trash. And yes, what a joy that is. It's a lovely comparison - thanks for lighting up my day a little with it!

    ReplyDelete