God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Money Mayhem

So yesterday was a finance day meaning that Ross was working on balancing the checkbook from previous transactions.  Often during this process he will come to me with inquiries about past expenditures that have long since left my brain.  With my "mommy brain" it is often difficult for me to remember what I did a couple days ago.  Trying to retrace financial steps from weeks past takes some major mental muscle.

In the process of his inquiries, I began to get frustrated because he asked me the same question about three different times, in three different ways.  Looking back now I realize that he was reflecting on the question himself as he was asking (almost like in his head), but at the time I was truly annoyed.

"Okay," I said in a barely restrained voice between my teeth, "you've said it three times now and I can't take hearing it again.  I will look into it and get back to you."

He looked at me-hard.  Then his look got softer and he said, "Okay, I got it."

I took some time and found what he needed.  Later on he asked me, "Do you know that you paid the mortgage twice?"  Ugh!  I had forgotten that we paid it before we left for vacation so we wouldn't forget to pay it when we got back.  I paid it a second time the day after we returned with the other monthly bills.  How small I felt for being impatient and angry with him earlier.

"It's okay," he consoled me, "We have an extra paycheck in the bank and it will be covered.  Having the extra money in there allows us to do things like that."

Whew!  I felt relief.  As frustrating as these money issues were I am so thankful for:

1) A loving, forgiving husband
2) God blessing us to have an extra month of pay in the bank
3) Humility

His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment