God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Say Cheese!

Last evening was the final date to use a coupon voucher for a free birthday burger at Fuddrucker's for our son.  Since Morgan had band practice and Ross had some meetings, I whipped out a BOGO 1/3 lb. burger coupon from our coupon book and we were set for dinner for three (me and the boys) for under $6.00.

We had already planned that I would have the birthday burger, since it was a smaller kid's burger, and the boys would get the 1/3 lb burgers.  We had also talked ahead of time about what they could get on their burgers since there was a dollar charged for every topping on the menu.  I gave them an allowance of one topping each in addition to having free reign of the no charge toppings at the bar (veggies and condiments).

Looking at the menu above the counter, it was difficult for me to determine whether or not they charged for cheese.  I inquired of the cashier and she told us that, yes, there was a dollar charge for cheese.  Thankfully, one of the offerings at the bar was hot nacho cheese.  Ta-da! We got our cheeseburgers at no extra cost.

On the drive home, my mind started churning...this week Karns has Sargento cheese 8 oz. for $2 a bag.  Would it be "cheesy" of me to bring cheese to Fuddruckers and put it on my burger as soon as it comes out to save myself a buck?  Hmmm...talk about having your cheese and eating it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment