God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Ten Dollar Dilemma

This morning I found a ten dollar bill while walking through the parking lot of the plaza below our neighborhood.



There it lay in a parking space.  The time was about 5:30 in the morning and no people or cars were around.  Excited about my unexpected fortune, I picked it up and continued on my walk.

In the last class that Ross and I taught on managing finances, we shared that money with no named job or assignment is often poorly spent.  It practically runs out of our hands leaving us wondering where it went.  In spite of our recent teaching, I still fell victim to the "I wants".  

Looking over at the bagel shop I thought 'I could treat the kids to breakfast this morning.'  But the more I thought about it, I reasoned that I had just treated them to lunch yesterday and we had plenty of food in the house for breakfast.  I think it was more that I wanted to go to breakfast than anything else.  I thought about using it towards maternity clothes but God had blessed me just yesterday to receive a box of mostly brand new maternity clothes from a friend.  How should I spend this money?

God brought to mind James 1:5, one of the verses shared in our most recent class.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

'Remember, Chanty,' I thought.  'You need to pray.  Ask God what to do with the money.'  So I prayed while I walked and asked what to do with the ten dollars.  Almost immediately I was reminded of the plan we already had in place for "found" money.  We have been putting it into an account to save for a new vehicle in the near future.  Dilemma solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment