God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Running on Empty

Last night we visited some friends of our family, just to hang out and celebrate Christmas with them.  While we were there they gave us back some empty canning jars that were previously filled with jam and applesauce.

Today I went downstairs to put the empty cans back into their storage bin.  Looking inside the bin I thought,  'Wow.  This bin was nearly empty at the end of fall.'  But now it is filling back up with jars enjoyed by either our family or other families.  The empty jars make me anticipate the season in which I can fill them up all over again.

Getting back the empty jars reminded me of the gift of giving to others.  Yes, it takes away from what we have, but still we live in anticipation of emptying ourselves of ourselves so that we can give again.  Why?  Because God provides joy with giving!  We look forward to seeing a need met, a wish fulfilled, and a burden lifted because He has done the very same for us.  What a blessing it is to live this life running on empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment