God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Personal Finances Personal Freedom

This morning Morgan and Hunter were packing up for school while listening to the radio.  A commercial came on where a man talked about getting people out of mortgage debt if they called his number.  In the midst of the man talking Hunter says to my husband, "Dad you could be like that guy, helping people with their debt.  Well, you already are that guy because you already do that."

It struck me that our children understand the ministry that we do.  When we first started counseling people about debt issues, we kind of kept the kids out of it because people don't necessarily want other people knowing their business in the first place.  There's a lot of shame and hurt that comes with money matters.  However, eventually we'd let them know when we had a meeting that we were going to talk to this or that person about how to manage their money.  They just see it as a matter-of-fact thing, it's ministry like anything else.

On this same note, I recently made the decision to publish my book (see post here) with Olive Press Publisher.  Words fail to express the significance of this decision.

The manuscript was completed two years ago.  I have sent it out to acquaintances here and there who have requested to read it.  The book never failed to catapult the reader into a season of change.  Because of the words that I wrote, they were compelled to handle their money differently.  WOW!  

The book is called Personal Finances Personal Freedom.  'Personal' because this isn't just a how-to book.  'Personal' because this book is about me, about us, about our family, and what God did to get us out of consumer debt.  'Personal' because it shares our history of managing money poorly.  The beauty of it all is that I wouldn't change any of it.  Our past got us to our present, which I am loving.  Our youngest son was sick at home for an entire week.  If it weren't for our past, I would not be at home available to care for him.  It brings me such joy to be able to share with others the peace that comes with managing money more wisely.

*I will keep you posted on the progress of the book.  As of right now the projected completion month is March.*

1 comment:

  1. Chanty, What a sweet testimony. I can't wait to see the book in print and to share it with friends. Thankful for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete