God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The price

I had the opportunity to make some money today.  Not a lot of money, but some.

Before coming home I worked as a registered nurse.  The position I held for the past 10 years was in research.  I enjoyed it because it because it gave me the opportunity to contribute to and know about upcoming treatments in medicine.  Sometimes I would participate in the research studies or have my family participate for the benefits of the testing that was provided in addition to the benefit of getting paid for time and effort.  Not too long ago I saw that a local university was beginning to do consumer testing on various food products.  To me this was a no-brainer.  I get paid to eat.  Need I say more?

I participated in one study so far (was paid $10 for 20 minutes which was really 10 minutes) and due to my responses from that study was asked to return for another study.  The time that I signed up for was today right after the kids got on the bus.  That way I could get it done in the morning and have the rest of my day.  But the Holy Spirit convicted me last night.  Right after the kids get on the bus is my time alone with God.  If I don't spend time with Him then, my history has been that I will not spend time with him at all.  So I left a message last night asking them to reschedule me if possible.  I haven't heard back and I am fine with that.  In my time alone with God this morning He spoke to me about something that my heart has been aching over.  I am so thankful.  Had I went, the payment I received would not have been worth the price I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment