God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Flashback

Yesterday evening I went to the ATM to get some money for groceries.  Since I would be out in the general vicinity of one of our favorite grocery stores for a school open house, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone.  I keyed in the amount to take out of checking and after some snarling from the ATM machine I got a receipt.  "Insufficient funds".  I haven't seen those words in years.  We've been out of debt since Christmas 2008 and have remained that way by keeping a close eye on our finances.  How could we, The Webbs, have insufficient funds???, I thought, raising a fist to the sky (just kidding).

It was then that I heard God say, "Reality check.  Just remember Who is keeping you out of debt."

Got it, Lord.  Please forgive my pride.  An early, sober reminder that He is the one who is going to perform this miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment