God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Sure of what we hope for, certain of what we do not see

8:30 am on the last day of Thanksgiving break.  The house is quiet as everyone takes in the final morning of sleeping in late.  Everyone except for me.  This is my time.

Downstairs at the kitchen table with a bowl of cereal, I enjoy the peace before my family awakes.  I am thanking God for healing from giving birth on Wednesday and for His gift of family and friends who are so good to us that I wonder if I am a good enough friend in return.

In mid-thought I glance over at the refrigerator door and see my used to be youngest child's (I guess I will refer to him as my 3rd grader?) latest artistic creation.

 

 
The turkey has feathers with the names of things that he is thankful for.  In addition to each of our family members (including himself) and baseball, he also put "baby" on a feather.

Seeing this got me thinking, 'He made this art project before the baby even arrived.  Yet he listed the baby as someone he was thankful for.'  Truly all throughout my pregnancy he was hopeful in his anticipation of having a sibling and certain that this baby would be a part of our family.  I so often want to see what God is doing in situation before trusting Him to handle it.  How different my life would be if  I would trust God enough to place my worries on a turkey feather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment