God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cost of Raising a Child...

$245,340 up until age 18.

Being as we are expecting our fourth child at the end of the month, this figure could be enough to send me into a panic attack or major depression. But instead I rejoice.  This is why.


God has so abundantly provided!  Everything shown in this picture was either given to us or purchased through gift cards for the baby.  The only two things we have bought are a second-hand car seat and stroller.

Because God is so faithful, He has grown me up to realize what is truly important.  With our first child, I had to have the nursery a certain way with coordinating bedding, walls, etc.  Much of my focus then was on appearances.  Today, with this our fourth child, the nursery is simply a space in our bedroom.



Totally different perspective!

Today I am content and so very thankful to God for what we have and what He is blessing us with--new life.  I recognize the significance of such a gift and no price can be put on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment