God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Would you look at that?!

This morning while walking back to the house from our son's bus stop, I decided to check the garden and look in on a runt cucumber.  It is the latest of a total of three that have grown from the vine.  The others grew strong and hearty and have long since run the course our digestive systems.  I've been waiting on this runt to add to a garden salad but alas have had to hit up the markets for 2/$1 deals on the vagabond veggie instead.

This morning it looked like this.

 
Not much change from the last time I saw it.  Still small, underdeveloped, and not ready to eat.  As I checked on the other veggies before walking away, something caught my eye underneath the leaves of the vine.  The deep green bumpy surface gave it away.  Moving the prickly leaves aside my suspicion was confirmed--it was another cucumber.  But much bigger than its sibling.  Here it is.
 
 

 
Jackpot!  I was so excited, but a bit confused.  Where in the world did this cucumber come from?  It seemed like a miracle.  I had never seen it growing all the times I was checking in on my runt.  Then all at once it hit me...I never saw this cucumber because I was never looking for another cucumber.  All of my focus and energy was going into complaining about the one cucumber that wasn't growing well, so much so that I couldn't see the cucumber that God allowed to grow up big and strong in its place.
 
 

 
Big difference, huh?  Have you ever been like that in your life?  So focused on what's not happening that you end up missing the very miracle God is doing right before your eyes?  His work is everywhere.  We just need to take the time to stop and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment