God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Sky's the Limit

After getting our income tax refund, one of the things that Ross and I decided to do was to give the kids a "no limits" day at Costco.  Usually when we shop at Costco, it is for a few choice things:

1. Soy milk (our youngest has a milk allergy)
2. Allergy medicine
3. Gas
4. Free samples :-)

Our desire was to show them a lesson in how generous God is with His children by being generous to them.  Of course we had to set some rules, but a limit on how much they could spend was not one of them.  We decided that they could pick whatever food item that they wanted in order to make a meal for this evening.  They could not pick caffeinated beverages and each of them got to choose one item.  If they knew ahead of time what they wanted to pick out, they could not tell each other what they were picking so as not to influence each other.  We just wanted them to get what their hearts desired without having someone else's selection influence them.

I enjoyed the experience myself, in particular being able to browse through the high end foods and know that I could choose whatever I wanted to eat.  I was even okay with the grand total, as it was actually under the budgeted amount that we had initially expected.  However, my flesh did ache when I saw that we had a coupon for one of the items we purchased but didn't realize it until after we had bought it.  I said something to Ross in the van.  "I'm not even worried about it," he said.  "We are under budget anyway."  I really wanted to go and get my $1.50 back.  Oh, well...

We ended up having a meal of breaded tilapia (my selection), italian sausage lasagna (Ross's choice), Dr. Pepper (Blaise our youngest's choice), and...for the older two, stay tuned as they will be blogging about their selections and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment