God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, September 16, 2016

That's a Miracle

$75, 946.42...the balance on our mortgage as of 90 seconds ago when I checked.

First and foremost I want to share that God did not mess up.  I messed up.  I said that I heard God tell me that He was going to pay off our mortgage in five years which would have technically been yesterday if you go by the date when I began this blog, and even earlier if you go by the date when I believed I heard Him five summers ago.  That has not happened.

Because the miracle that I was expecting did not happen, I went to God and asked for His forgiveness.  Why?  For being a false prophet and incorrectly speaking on His behalf.  The Bible says,

You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?"  If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken.  That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Deuteronomy 18:21-22

To put it plainly, I was wrong.  Realizing that I spoke falsely in my Lord's name is an extremely humbling experience.  It has made me question my motives and look more closely at my relationship with Him.  I am reminded of the verse that tells us that He is the Good Shepherd--He knows His sheep and His sheep know Him.  I should know His voice.

For the past month I have been reading Experiencing God.  Our church had used the book for a summer Bible study series, but our family was not available to attend Bible study regularly during the summer months.  I felt drawn to read the book on my own.  In doing so, I have been refreshed by Biblical truths that I had discounted after having given my life to Jesus so many years ago.

Most recently I was reading about how God speaks to His people and came across the Deuteronomy verses that I shared above.  This was two days prior to the deadline for which I believed God would pay off our mortgage--talk about timeliness!  Even in my sin He saw fit to prepare me with His word.  That's love.  That's a miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment