God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Doing the Ripe Thing

I purchased some green bananas from the grocery store several weeks ago.  I always get them green whenever we are not quite ready to use them.  Typically they ripen and turn yellow within a few days.  However this batch of bananas was not turning color.
A few days turned into a week and a week became several weeks.  Still we had green bananas!  Eventually, during my next grocery trip, I got another batch of bananas that was already yellow.

For no particular reason, I took and put the bananas next to one another in the usual "banana spot" on our counter.  This morning, I saw this...

My bananas were finally turning yellow!  It made me think about the influence of the companions we choose.  Once the green bananas got around the bananas that were doing the "ripe" thing, they started ripening.  Left to themselves they just sat and remained the same.  Hebrews 10:24, 25 reminds us how it is important to be around those who are going to encourage us in doing good and correct us when we are going the wrong way.  Sometimes we don't want to hear about our shortcomings and faults.  But God challenges us to get around good company that doesn't let us stay green.

No comments:

Post a Comment