God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, May 27, 2016

What a Relief!

The past few months have been a whirlwind for me.  Our family of six has had the following activities in progress:

  • High school baseball (now into an extended season due to making the playoffs--whoo-hoo!)
  • Church choir
  • Little league baseball
  • Track and field
  • Bookkeeper for high school baseball
  • Boy scouts
  • Planning for two large-scale events
Along with the motoring around to and from these activities, there is the added responsibility and preparation that comes along with each.  The Holy Spirit has been instrumental in helping me keep my attitude in check during this busy season of life.  But boy I could use a good chiropractor to help me with my neck and shoulders as well!

After my walk this morning, I was doing my best to try and stretch my neck to get some relief.  I let my head drift backwards as far as it would go on its fulcrum (i.e. my neck--hubby the physics teacher would be proud) and couldn't help but look heavenward.  This is what I saw.



Exactly as you are seeing this picture on your screen is how I saw it in the sky.  As long as my gaze was skyward, I could only see this beautiful blue expanse.  Everything else was blocked from my view.  It was surreal to know that I was on the ground and yet feel like I was in the sky.

In this busy season it would be easy to lose perspective.  The hours, the days zoom by so quickly that it can feel like I am just part of time and nothing more.  But having a Savior has helped me to focus on those things that are eternal.  At the end of a crazy day when the realization sets in that tomorrow is going to be equally crazy, I find relief in looking past the schedule and looking to the Scheduler.

No comments:

Post a Comment