God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Poor Chips

The other day I was asking my 12-year old son what items he would like for me to pick up at the grocery store for his school lunches.  He asked if I would get some snacks like the ones I normally get.  They come in individualized bags but are sold separately instead of in a multi-pack.  I find them at the grocery outlets I shop at and they are anywhere from 4 for $1 to 8 for $1.  The price is on a sticker attached to each bag.

"Already got them on my list," I told him.

Then he said, "Yeah, the kids call them 'poor chips'."

"Why do they call 'em 'poor chips'?" I asked trying to get a sense of whether this was bothersome to him or not (which is tough to do with his personality).

"I don't know."  His typical answer.

"Wait, are these the same kids who trade food with you at the lunch table?"  I countered.

"Yeah.  They'll be like, 'I'll give you my drink for your poor chips'."

Just then my 13-year old pipes up.  "Yeah, my friends like the snacks that I bring for lunch, too.  They always trade me for their school lunch stuff."

When I was growing up 25 cent chips (or 13 cent chips for that matter) would not have been cool.  But in the same middle school cafeteria that I sat in over 25 years ago what's cool has changed.  Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment