God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crushed

This is the kind of prepackaged food that I love to find at grocery stores...


You've likely noticed that the boxes are crushed.  They look tampered with.  Undesirable.  Maybe almost like garbage.  So why in the world do I love to find boxes like these?

Well, what you may not be able to see is the price tag labels on the boxes.  The 12-pack boxes of Wheat Thins are reduced to $0.75 and the Skillet Basics dinners are reduced to $0.35.  Hello!  At those prices (less than half of what I'd normally pay) these products are valuable to me.  Yes, the boxes look contorted but the contents are still worth something.

In the same way, when we get crushed by life's circumstances it makes us more valuable to the kingdom. Why?  Because we've been through some stuff, survived it, and can now help someone else get through that same stuff and survive.  2 Corinthians 4:8 says

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

The next time you face a trial that presses you on every side, remember that God is allowing you to be crushed in order to craft you for His purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment