God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guess How Much I Paid for All of This?!


Woo Hoo!  Did I get a wheel of a deal today!

I went to Weis Markets this afternoon to spend what was left on a gift card we received for Christmas.  There was seven dollars and some change left on the card, so I decided to use it to buy lunch meat.

Last week I was at a different Weis Markets and they had a pastrami lunch meat "yellow tag special"*.  I decided to look at this Weis for the same deal.  They didn't have any yellow tag lunch meat, but they did have BOGO lunch meat for $4.99.  At a retail grocery store like Weis, $2.50 for a pound of lunch meat isn't a bad deal--especially since I had a gift card.  I grabbed two hams and two turkey ready to make my way up to the register.  Then I noticed something.  All of the turkey lunch meat packages had a 55 cent "save now" coupon stuck to them.  I feverishly calculated the savings in my head.  'If I buy turkey lunch meat, between the BOGO and the package coupons, I save four bucks!'  Without hesitation I put back the two ham packages and grabbed two turkeys in their place.

At the register, I gave the cashier my Weis card, she scanned the four package coupons, and I used a $1.00 off coupon I'd received during my last trip to Weis for trying a new beverage.  All total I paid only $5.87 for four-one pound packs of lunch meat and a can of Goya beans.  You gotta love it.

  **The phrase yellow tag special is my own creation.  Many of the grocery stores in the area have reduced prices on their meats that will be past the "purchase by" date within the next 1-2days.  I hunt for this yellow tag meat when I am in retail grocery stores like Wal-Mart, Weis, Giant, and Price Rite.  However the discount stores that I shop at, like Sharp Shopper, already have this same meat reduced and frozen for purchase at a cheaper price.  And that's exactly what I do with the yellow tag special meat when I purchase it from--freeze it for later use.



1 comment: