God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Confession

All right, time to own up to the truth.  There are times when I am prideful about where we stand financially.  Because I am so very aware of this, whenever we counsel individuals on personal finances, I have to remember back to the place where we were before we got to the place where we are today.

Of course God knows my heart and knows where my pride can take me.  So He sees fit every now and again to give me check-ups.  One check-up that I had last week was having a bank card purchase denied at both Sears and Costco.  This happened on a Thursday and, because Ross didn't get paid until the next day, there wasn't enough money in the bank to buy what I had planned.  I could just hear God saying, "Remember who's in charge" or "You ain't all that" (As you can see I've never placed an ethnicity on God :-)

Today I was reading in Ephesians 1:3.  It says,  

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

This verse caused me to realize that financial blessings here on earth amount to nothing.  People want them, but they're not what matters most.  The blessings that we ought to be after are those that last and have divine value.  Amazingly enough, those blessings already belong to we who have Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior!  We just don't equate it with value because of our finite minds.

From this lesson, I am going to purpose to remind the believers who I counsel of how rich they already are in Him.  Now is the time to accept and celebrate our spiritual blessings!

1 comment: