God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Monday, September 24, 2012

The End of an Era

I knew the day would come.  Just didn't know the day would be today.

I should have known.  In fact a couple of weeks ago when I was wrapping up some food, I sensed that something was going to change.  I could see its core, and that wasn't normal. 

For five years I just counted on it being there.  There was so much of it, you see.  Maybe deep down inside, I felt that it would never end.

But today when I went to cover up three bowls, it was clear.

First bowl--is it just me or is this plastic wrap kind of wrinkly?

Second bowl--ugh, we're definitely nearing the end of the line.

Third bowl--no wrap remaining.  Just the bare, empty, brown, roll.  The bulk plastic wrap that we have had since the summer of 2007 was gone...in an instant...without so much as a farwell.

Will we replace it, you ask?  How do you replace 5 years of memories?  Meals wrapped up for dinner guests.  Pesto secured in the freezer with its protective barrier.  Makeshift ice packs for children's boo-boos.  It takes time to heal. 

But with time, I believe that we may be strong enough to make the trip to Costco, pick up another Kirkland Signature plastic wrap from the shelves, and allow it to grace our kitchen countertop once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment