God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Anniversary

It has been one year since I began blogging My Mortgage Miracle.  Our mortgage balance is currently ninety-five thousand and some odd dollars.  Still a way to go, and still plenty of time for God to work.

We have recently made the decision to look into refinancing our home.  Interest rates are so low (around 3%) that we can now take out a 15-year mortgage and have the same payment as we have on our current 30-year mortgage.  Pretty much a no-brainer, huh?  Right now we are researching to see which bank would best suit our needs.

The primary reason for this blog is for you and me to witness the miracle of God paying off our mortgage in five years or less.  However, life happens during the wait.  And I've come to discover that everyday life is a miracle.  Watching God intertwine my life into the lives of others is an even bigger miracle than anything He could ever do financially in my life.  I love to see Him display His power, and I love it even more when He uses me (little 'ole me!) to do His work.  For this reason, posts incorporate our family, grocery shopping, cooking, or helping a stranger get to his destination.  It is in the ordinary that God does the extraordinary.

Thank you for reading and I pray that it will lead to believing.

1 comment:

  1. Refinancing your house would be one of the smartest things you can do as a homeowner. Of course, you’d want a housing loan you’d be comfortable with the terms. And you can just imagine the money you can save on a loan with only 3% interest. How much less was it than your current loan? As long as you have a good credit history, you’ll qualify. Good luck!

    Javier Bonnell

    ReplyDelete