God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Put Your Money Where Your Faith Is

Recently a friend of mine was sharing with me about some of the changes she has been making to get her finances in order.  I talked with her about tithing and how it demonstrates to God that we have faith in Him to provide for us.  This was the challenge I put before her--begin tithing off of any extra money that you take in (overtime, gifts, etc.)  I wanted her to begin the practice of tithing and put her faith to the test.

She began doing this and felt good about doing it.  But she didn't stop there.  Just this week we talked and she let me know that for the first time ever she tithed off of her income as well.  She said that it felt scary giving such a big amount, but it also felt wonderful because she was doing what God wanted her to do.

That about sums up having faith in God.  It does feel scary to do something that our nature doesn't feel right about.  But the spirit of God inside of us is yearning to do His will.  So when we do it, it's like there's this big sigh of relief that everything is going to be okay.  I am so proud of my friend.  For the longest time her heart's desire has been to move out of her mom's house and have a place of her own for her and her little boy.  The Bible tells of so many stories where God provided for people because of their faith in Him.  I believe that my friend will be able to join the saints with her own testimony of God's provision in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment