God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Out of Sorts

Summer time has been a great time for us to reconnect as a family.  However, it has been a struggle for me in regards to my individual routine.  Because everyone is home at the same time, I have neglected my morning disciplines of exercise and time alone with God.

Just this week I have been recharged by getting back into the routine of how I do things during the school year.  Doing this has left me feeling refreshed and has decreased the anxieties that were beginning to build up. 

Have you ever thought you were hungry, but really you were thirsty?  You try and try to find just the right food to satisfy your need, but nothing seems to fit the bill because water is what you need.  In the same way, when I am away from my routine, I try and find satisfaction in other areas.  I do things around my home, spend time with the kids, watch a movie with Ross, or listen to music.  But I still feel out of sorts because I am thirsty--thirsty for God's presence.  Everything else is filler, it doesn't last long nor does it quench my true need.

I have been reading the book of Isaiah.  It recounts how God's people have repeatedly hungered after other gods instead of quenching their thirst with the Living God.  The book reveals that although punishment will be a consequence, so will grace.  God will love His people still and protect them from harm.  I am in awe that I can shirk my responsibilities to the Creator of this world, and yet He obligates Himself to fulfill His promises to me.  This truly is amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment