God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Job Security

Funny, I never thought of myself as manager material.  But when looked up "homemaker" in the dictionary, there it was in print--"one who manages a home, especially as wife and mother".

It is true.  I do manage our home.  But I certainly have, and need, a lot of help.  There are times when I become prideful and think that my family couldn't get along without me.  Truth be told I couldn't get along without them.

If it were up to me, aside from sleeping and eating, our days would be filled with tasks.  In my mind  a constant to-do list for myself and others ticks away.  It is difficult for me to just sit around the house.  When I am in my home, the thought of leisure time eludes me.

God bless my family!  Without even realizing it, they help me to stay focused on what's important by getting me away from what I am focusing on too much of the time--work.  Silly dances, impromptu conversations, YouTube videos, rehashing events from their school day, and talking sports (my hubby)--seemingly distractions in my day all meant to help me see what's really important.

In my mind, this post was intended to share about how I have job security because my family needs me.  But really, they have job security because this manager needs them.

No comments:

Post a Comment