God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Ah, Communication!

Recently I was at the dollar store to purchase some odds and ends.  (In all honesty this post doesn't have much to do with the dollar store at all, but I figure I might as well share some shopping savvy while I'm at it.  Also, here is a  link for an article on what to buy and what not to buy at the dollar store).  I don't buy a ton of things at the dollar store because although everything at Dollar Tree (where I shop) is typically a dollar or less, oftentimes I can find many of the same items cheaper.  Things I typically purchase there include tortillas, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shower caps, and all-occasion cards.  On this particular trip while shopping for some of the aforementioned items, I came across a body wash.

This wasn't just any body wash.  It was a body wash with an acne medication called salicylic acid.  In short, the body wash was a knock off of the one Neutrogena manufactures.  I purchase the CVS brand of this wash for myself and my two teens to use as face wash.  Yes, it's sold as "body wash" but I've found that the ingredients are almost identical, it cleans just like a face wash in that it's not harsh on our skin, and you get about double the amount that you get with the face wash for less money.  The store brand I buy costs about $5.  Imagine my delight in finding this item at Dollar Tree!

However before hauling off and buying 3 bottles, I decided to just purchase one and test it for quality.  In the meantime, my son had run out of his face wash and asked to use the one that I had.  I told him he could but that he needed to put it back into my shower so I had it for when I needed to use it.  He has been struggling with remembering to do this and so on a typical morning I would step into the shower, go to wash my face, and find the face wash M.I.A.

On one particular morning, I was going through my typical routine of getting ready to shower when I hear a knock on my bathroom door.

"Yes?" I answer.
"Mom," Hunter replies, "I have your wash."
I think to myself, 'I finished up my laundry yesterday. What wash would he have of mine?  And if he does have wash for me, it's not like him to bring it up to my room.'
"Just put it on the bed," I respond.
"O-kay," he hesitantly answers.

I turn on the shower water, wet my face, reach for the face wash, and it's gone again. 'Hunter!' I grumble in my head.  After showering and dressing I step out of my bathroom.  I do a double-take as my eyes rest upon an object laying on my bed--my face wash.

Note: I will not be purchasing the body wash from Dollar Tree.  It does not lather and is very watery so that when you pour it into your hands to use, you end up wasting more than you use!  I asked Hunter and he agrees :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment