God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Praise Him

During praise time in my prayers, I try my best to stay focused on God rather than me.  My intentions are to let Him know how I admire His character and not just what He does for me...I am struggling with doing that this morning.

God is doing an amazing work through my book.  I see and hear about that work in the testimonies of those I come in contact with on a regular basis.  Yesterday, a friend came up to me with a big smile on her face wiggling her fingers in front of me and excitedly declared, "I didn't get my nails done!"  Not too long after that a man approached me to talk about how he now realizes that he needs to get his whole family involved in when he sets up his budget.  A woman spoke to me of how she caught her husband's attention because she was reading my book (she is not an avid reader like he is).  He is not a believer and he asked her if it had "spiritual stuff" in it.  She said that yes it did.  Since that time, she has seen the book mysteriously relocating to various locations in the house without her laying a hand on it.  Several people I spoke to have been challenged to take a second look at their grocery spending to see how they can shop smarter.  And these are merely the stories that have been shared with me.  There are many more that I may never hear.

Beyond the testimonials of others, God is developing a testimony out of me.  My confidence is growing.  God is so evident in my life right now that I struggle to doubt Him in anything.  For so long I wrestled with whether Personal Finances Personal Freedom would amount to anything.  But God has been bringing about opportunities that I never dreamed would be possible.  Father, I praise You for Your undeniable work in my life.  Thank you for the privilege of fanning my gift into flame!

No comments:

Post a Comment