God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Extreme Couponing?

For the month of February we included razor refills in our budget.  They are so incredibly expensive these days!  In the end, we decided allot $20.00 to razors by trying to find some deals and use some coupons.

I went to CVS because I had $1.00 in extra bucks.  Also, we got an extra $3.00 off from a 20% on-line coupon.  Four razors cost $15.49, but in the end we only paid $12.18 and, got a $5.00 extra bucks reward coupon for towards our next purchase.  Cha-ching!  We were under budget and I was happy.



Slight problem, they were not the right razors.  So I go back to the store to return them.  They are opened...I hope they still take them.  Yes!  They do take them back and I pick up the correct ones.  The woman at the counter is having difficulty scanning my receipt in order to return the first set of razors.  So instead she just returns them using the UPC code.  Little did I know that when she returned them this way, it did not factor in my previous discounts.  Therefore, although I paid $12.18, she returned to my card $16.42!



Then she proceeds to ring up the new razors.  I remembered that they were discounted, but not until she gave me my total did I realize how much the discount was.  For 8 razors the cost was $6.37 (half of what I spent initially for double the quantity) plus I had my $5.00 in extra bucks.  So it rang up as only $1.46 for 8 razors.



And in case you didn't do the math...I was paid to buy 8 razors....

$12.18-$16.42=($-4.24)+$1.46=$(-2.78)

I am in no way am I an extreme coupon gal.  But God is an extreme God.  And I recognize that He can do these kinds of things for our family with absolutely no effort on our part.  Just as He can pay me to purchase something, He can pay off my mortgage without me paying anything towards it.  He's just that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment