God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Lost and Found

Today I ran a marathon of errands with my sister.  We started at 9am and didn't get done until after 2pm.  Needless to say by the end of the day I was spent.

On the road that I came to after her house, a car was stopped in front of me.  It had a Maryland license plate and the driver was asking a school crossing guard for directions.  I waited, trying to be as patient as possible, while the guard pointed out the way the way that the driver should go.

It wasn't long after receving directions from the crossing guard that the driver pulled over enough to let me pull up beside him and rolled down his window. 

"How do I get to 83?"

I was so tired from going in and out of stores, in and out of the heat that I just wanted to take the most direct route home.  But the spirit of God spoke to me to help this man out.  I simply said,

"Follow me."

And follow me he did.  Trusting that I was leading him the right way.  We went through the city, into the suburbs, on past a commercial area, and finally to the highway.  As I led him I kept thinking, 'I hope he doesn't lose hope thinking he won't get to where he's trying to go.' 'I hope he trusts me to get him to his destination.' 

Once we made it to the point where I had to part ways with him, I pointed in the direction of the sign that read "83" so that he could veer off.  As he passed me on the right, he smiled and waved a 'thank you', happy to be on his way.

As all of this was occuring, I couldn't help but think about the sovereignty of God.  He timed my errands just right so that I could help this lost man to find his way.  In the same way, everything in our lives is timed and planned out by the Master so that His will is done.  I am so thankful for being used today for something so simple that made a difference in the life of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment