God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

my way or the "High" way

Today I am struggling.  It's one of those days when I am living out Paul's notorious "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing" dilemma.  My mind knows what the word of God says, but my heart is bleeding and the bandage that I consistently reach for is bitterness.

God challenged me today in my time alone with Him (which had been sorely lacking).  No matter what my struggle, I cannot respond in the flesh.  What I am fighting is spiritual and therefore I need to respond with the Spirit of God.  I encourage you to read the verses that follow.  Yes, you've heard them before and you know them, but are you being a doer of them?

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spirtitual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

I have to admit that even after this revelation from God on how to approach my situation, I still buckled.  My mind went and revisited "It Isn't Fair" Boulevard and "What About Me?" Lane.  Then, like the last few sniffles after a toddler's temper tantrum, I was finished.  My prayer is that the Holy Spirit gives me His strength to stand after I have done everything...I choose the High way.

No comments:

Post a Comment