God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Eve Eve Party

This is the name that my daughter gave to the get-together she's having with her friends this evening.  The party consists of dancing to songs, eating, putting on make-up, and doing facials.  I knew all of the friends that were coming except for one.  After meeting her, I see that she is nice enough, just like Morgan's other friends.

While we were wating for Morgan's guests to arrive she says to me, "Mom, can we put on more lights?  It makes the place look inviting."  I told her that we could, just for tonight.  It is taking every ounce of restraint that I have to keep my fingers off of the switches.  It is ingrained into me.  As a matter of fact it is ingrained into my children.  Over the holiday break we went to spend time with one of my husband's fellow teachers and his family.  While the adults were sitting at the kitchen table, we would periodically see lights go out in different sections of the house.  Following the "outting" of the light, we'd hear one of their kids scream, "Stop turning off the light!" to one of our kids.  It was hilarious.

Anyhow, the girls are having fun, my daughter's happy, the lights are on, and this is one of the best New Years Eve Eves I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment