God has challenged me to write about how He will supernaturally pay off our mortgage in 5 years. I am a homemaker, my husband is a teacher, and we have three children. Our mortgage balance at the start of this blog is $97,802.62 with a projected payoff date of May 11, 2035.

Sounds foolish, huh? The Bible says that, "...God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;..." So I am choosing to be foolish and trust Him. He's never let me down before.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Umbrella Faith

Today God gave me a simple illustration of how He provides.

As the boys were by the door getting ready for school this morning, I told them that we would drive the car to the bus stop since it was raining.  They opened the door and upon seeing that it wasn't raining hard insisted that we walk to the bus stop instead of driving.  I gave in and we all put up our hoods and walked to the bus stop.

It was kind of chilly with the water falling onto our clothes and much to my dismay the rain was coming down harder than it had been earlier.  The boys didn't notice this as they worked hard at finding any and every possible way to get even more wet!  As I stood there I thought, "I've got to buy another umbrella."  We have two but when it rains my daughter takes one to her bus stop and then one usually ends up in whichever vehicle my husband takes to work.  The moment that I realize I need one is always when I am about to step out of the house to go to the bus stop with the boys--in the rain.

As my youngest son and I are waiting for his bus to come, I see my neighbor and his dog coming up the street.  I enviously eye his humongous umbrella with the glaring bank logo on it as he makes his way towards us.  I'm cold and wet.  Where is that bus?

My neighbor approaches and says hello.  As he does this, he extends to me what he is holding in his hand--an extra umbrella!

"Now you know," he says, "a Black woman and her hair.  That little hoodie ain't enough for you to be covered up right."

I had to laugh.  I thankfully accepted the umbrella from him.

My son's bus came and left.  My neighbor was still close by with his dog so I tried to give the umbrella back to him before I went inside.  He refused. 

Coming into the house I had to smile.  God provided the umbrella I needed...and I already had a hair appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment